Sunday, January 16, 2011

The honeymoon is over

I can see the change this week. Last week, Caitlin jumped out of bed yelling to her brother that they were going to school. This week she stays in bed and complains about everything from the light being on to still being tired. And Andrew......he flat out says he doesn't want to go to school. Very disturbingly he will put his hand on his forehead and say, 'I think I have a fever, take my temperature!' This is a cycle I really don't want to start with him, the one of asking to stay home all the time. With both of us needing to work, that simply won't work. That being said, I am off work next Monday and I have a dilemma. Do I let them stay home or do I take them to school anyway? I think Tuesday will be worse if I let them stay home Monday plus, I need a day to myself!

1 comment:

Helen Gromadzki said...

Grandma's Advice: keep them in the same routine even though you'll be home. If you let them stay home now, they'll expect it whenever they want to stay home. They'll soon get into the habit of mind that they'll be going to daycare every weekday, and the hassle will be over. Enjoy your free time!